Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who am I?

Thats a great question.
                    I guess many would say that I am a walking talking breathing contradiction. I guess it's safe to say that I am a diverse individual.

                    I will explain only a little bit of back story for context. If you want the whole thing you will have to wait for my memoirs. I am very well traveled, My Dad was in the Navy which means we moved around,,,,,,,,a lot and I also traveled for pleasure. I was in the Coast Guard and then a government contractor so I did even more travel for work. Needless to say, I have had exposure to various cultures which does tend to color a person's views a bit. Now on to what makes me, well me.

                    I am a pacifist but was proud to serve in the military. I am a devout Christian but relish in conversations with those of other faith groups. I believe in Creation and Evolution. I am politically conservative but have a lot of liberal ideas. I am a geek and a gear head. I think we should listen to our elders but disagree with the idea that "children should be seen but not heard". We can learn a lot from our children. I'm an absolute extrovert but would love nothing more than living in the mountains away from people.I can fly an airplane but have a fear of heights. I'm a middle aged intellectual who enjoys acting like a kid, I even play games online with people of all ages. In a nut shell, in order to put a label on me, you would have to use a stack of labels. I am educated enough to hold a conversation with anyone I meet and can cater his speech to that of his environment. I celebrate the differences between all people. I think, surrounding yourself with only like minded individuals would get boring and you would run out of things to discuss. Although I hate confrontation, I do dearly love a good debate.

                     To all of I say, live life to the fullest but don't be full of yourself. Get out and meet new people and truly stop and listen to what they have to share instead of trying to convince them that what you have to say is more important. Don't fear change but don't forget the past either. Stare your fears right in the face then push past them. Find or make your bucket list and start checking items off. Do that today. Remember, if you ever get sick, your job wont comfort you but your friends and family will so check your priorities.

                      If you think what I have to say is at least intriguing, stay tuned for further posts. You may find new friends or realize how small the earth really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment